Diabetes Destroyer Review
Introduction of the book
Diabetes is a disease that has affected millions of people around the world. The World Health Organization estimates that the number of diabetics would double in the next 15 years. When you look at the causes of death around the world, diabetes is ranked as the 7th most common cause of death. So, what does diabetes mean? It is a disease, which causes the blood sugar levels to stay consistently above normal. As per the diabetes guidelines 2015 by the American Diabetes Association, a person is diabetic if their fasting blood sugar level is greater than 126mg/dL and sugar levels 2 hours after food intake is greater than 200mg/dL. Insulin secreted by our pancreas is responsible for regulating the blood sugar levels. Diabetes occurs when, the pancreas loses its ability to produce the required amount of insulin. Diabetes nursing diagnosis reveals that there is high risk of infection due to impaired immune system. When the blood glucose levels stay above the normal range, it begins to interfere with the normal working of other organs like heart, kidney, eyes, and could be even fatal if it is not controlled. Diabetes and fatigue associated with high sugar levels could leave you too tired to do your daily work.
There are mainly 3 types of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes – usually occurs in people below the age of 20, where the insulin producing cells in the pancreas are destroyed.
- Type 2 diabetes – occurs mostly in adults with BMI >25, when the pancreas secrete low levels of insulin or the body develops insulin resistance and does not absorb the sugar in the blood to convert it into energy.
- Gestational diabetes – This occurs in pregnant women, where the hormones generated by the placenta interfere with the insulin secretion, which could harm both mother and baby
In case of Type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes where the pancreas is still in working condition, wouldn’t it be better if there was some way of boosting its performance instead of taking costly blood sugar regulating medications? Diabetes Destroyer, by David Andrew, talks exactly about such a system, which would kick start the pancreas to produce required amount of insulin. He claims that taking insulin or pills only treats the symptom which is high blood sugar and not the cause which is pancreatic functioning.
David Andrew’s book is based on research conducted by Dr. Roy Taylor from Newcastle University, England. His team found that the root cause for reduction in insulin secretion was fat deposits around the pancreas. They discovered, that in their gastric bypass patients, these fat deposits disappeared when they followed a specific diet plan. They were able to reverse Type 2 diabetes in all their research patients.
David Andrew, the author of Diabetes Destroyer, was suffering from diabetes for nearly a decade when he discovered that type 2 diabetes was reversible. He was 51 years old, married, had 2 children and dreamt of hiking the Appalachian Trail. He was spending nearly $2000 per month on insulin. He was working as a chef in a 5 star restaurant near Washington, when one day he collapsed due to high blood sugar level of 1174. The doctors told him they would have to amputate his legs and that he would live for may be another 10 years more. He did extensive research on diabetes to save his legs and fulfill his dream of hiking on one of the toughest trails. He stumbled upon the research conducted by Dr. Roy Taylor and the rest is history. He was able to reverse his diabetes 100%, and now markets his diabetes tackling system.
How the book works
Diabetes is caused by increased blood sugar levels, when our pancreas is unable to meet the insulin requirements of the body. As per research findings, this is due to the fat deposits around the pancreas which prevent the pancreas from doing its job. Diabetes destroyer works on reducing this fat deposits and kick starting the pancreas into producing the right amount of insulin.
It enlightens the reader on the disease, its symptoms and how people with diabetes are being cheated by big pharmaceutical companies into buying thousands of dollars’ worth medication. This system has a 3 step plan:
Step 1: A meal plan which help you get the required nutrients to revive the pancreatic cells,
Step 2: Increase metabolism to boost insulin secretion
Step 3: Meal Timings: what to eat when so that the blood sugar levels stay within limits.
What you get in the book
Diabetes Destroyer is divided into easy to understand four modules, which explain in simple terms, what does diabetes mean, how to reverse the disease and completely eliminate medication. A brief description of each module is given below.
Module 1 – What your doctor doesn’t know about Type-2 diabetes and Pre-diabetes. In this module, you get
- Scientific research details on causes of Type 2 diabetes – explains in simple terms, what does diabetes mean
- A video on “Insulin Sensitivity: the shortcut to weight loss” , which explains the role of insulin in blood glucose control, what is insulin resistance and how to overcome insulin resistance to lose weight
- An insider report on type-2 diabetes reversal – the recent research on managing the symptoms and reversing the disease
Module 2 – The “Pancreas Jumpstart” temporary meal plan
- A Temporary Meal Plan – diabetes diet what not to eat and what to eat.
- A step-by-step instruction manual on how to use the temporary meal plan to kick start your pancreas
- A video recipe guide on “3 Diabetic Friendly Desserts” – a good way to keep your sugar cravings at bay
Module 3 – The natural trick to amp up your metabolism
- A “30 second workout” to keep your metabolism strong all through the day
- “ 3 metabolism boosting berries” which should be part of your regular meals
Module 4 – Time your meals to finish off your diabetes
- A precise schedule of when to eat what – the exact number of hours between meals, how close to bed time should you eat
- Breakfast Secret – one key element that should be part of your breakfast everyday
- Type 2 diabetes destroying snacks
- A video guide on “Meal timing for weight loss”
This system comes with a 60 days warranty, during which time you would have completely reversed your diabetes or you get your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it really work?
Yes, it does work. It is backed by scientific data and research conducted at Harvard University in the USA and Newcastle University at England.
How soon can I stop taking medications?
It depends on the severity of the disease, genetics and how committed you are to the program. In Dr. Taylor’s research program, it was seen that the disease was reversed within 8 weeks for most participants. The fastest reversal was 11 days. Though this program works at reducing the blood sugar levels, it is always better to discuss it with your physician before completely stopping medication.
Does this work for Type 1 diabetes
Unfortunately no. In Type 1 diabetes, the pancreatic cells responsible for insulin generation are completely dead. Hence this system does not work for Type 1 diabetes. It can however be used to bring about a lifestyle change.
Pros and Cons
The pros of the system are:
- Strong Scientific backing – This system is based on research conducted by top universities.
- Natural – Diabetes destroyer does not require you to take any pills and makes use of completely natural food items that are easily available in any supermarket.
- Faster remedy – The longest duration that was required to reverse type 2 diabetes was 8 weeks. Compared to the fact that you would otherwise have to take insulin or pills life long, an 8 week solution is pretty fast
- Permanent solution – This system tackles the root cause of the problem, an underperforming pancreas, and not just the symptom of high blood sugar level, thereby providing a permanent solution.
- Can safely be used for gestational diabetes – pregnant women tend to be skeptical about using anything outside of what their doctors prescribe, lest it affects their baby. But since this program is 100% natural and uses food from the local food market, it can be used to come up with a Gestational diabetes diet menu.
The cons are:
- No hard copy – This book has to be downloaded and printed if anyone needs a hard copy.
- This system requires 100% commitment to the program for it to work.
My experience with the book
There is just one thing in this whole world that I absolutely hate and that is taking medications. An allergic reaction to a medication during childhood, made me develop a phobia towards medications, both pills and shots. I have a family history of diabetes, with my grand-mother succumbing to this disease, followed by my uncle. My mother and aunts are currently on medication and since I had heard that heredity plays a big role in this disease, I dreaded the day when I would have to start too. Being in my prime, I also worried about diabetes and hair loss.
Both fears combined, I had always tried to be a little careful with my diet and failed on many occasions. When I got pregnant the first time, the hunger pangs made me reckless with my food intake. My high pressure desk job made sure I had very little exercise. I was taking dietary supplements which I hated, but I had to do it for the baby. To make things worse, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my 28th week.
I was told I had to take insulin shots regularly and there were 60% chances I would develop gestational diabetes in subsequent pregnancies, and full-fledged Type 2 diabetes in 10 years. Though I knew I would get it sooner or later, the fact that I would have to start taking insulin right now was very daunting. It was the difference between knowing what a tiger could do and actually facing it.
I started researching about gestational diabetes and curing it naturally. There were many websites which discussed diabetes in general or with specific symptoms like diabetes and dizziness or diabetes diet what not to eat. There were also sites which discussed gestation diabetes and dos’ and don’ts. But there was not a single site which gave step-by-step instructions on what to do. Being in a family of diabetic patients, I already knew a lot about diabetes. The problem was I dint know where to begin if I dint want medications. Do I first start with a diet change? Or Do I try fitting in an exercise plan? When I tried changing too many things at once I failed miserably.
What I needed was a structured plan, something that said: Step 1 do this, Step 2 do this. This was when I bumped into Diabetes Destroyer. Diabetes Destroyer not only changed my opinion about the disease, but gave me confidence that I could face it without pills or shots. I used its temporary meal plan as a basis and came up with a gestational diabetes meal plan during pregnancy. I used its breakfast secret as a basis for my gestational diabetes breakfast, and so on. In short it was a Gestational diabetes diet menu. Very soon, my sugar levels were well within levels prescribed in the diabetes guidelines 2015, by the American Diabetes Association and I went on to deliver a healthy baby.
Diabetes Destroyer is highly recommended for people who are suffering from type 2 diabetes and are looking for a permanent solution. It is an easy to understand, simple solution which will help you get rid of all the pricks and pills. This can also be used as a gestational diabetes sample plan to fight diabetes during pregnancy. You do not have to let diabetes and fatigue associated with dealing with its symptoms affect your life.